Believe it or not, an offset pH in the body can lead to some serious health issues such as cancer and heart disease. I am not talking about the acidity or basicity of saliva or urine – but blood and tissue. A normal pH level for blood is 7.41, too much acid is called acidosis, too little – alkalosis, neither are good. The obvious key to maintaining a normal pH is diet – here are little tips that may surprise you.
Lemons are one of the very few foods on this planet to have more negative ions than positive ions, therefore helping to alkalize the body. The pH of a lemon is around 2.3, which seems odd to most people since it is very acidic on a pH scale. However, when our bodies consume the lemon juice it is very alkalizing.
There are many other positive health benefits such as:
* Lemon water has excellent digestive properties
* Lemon water has been known to ease heartburn, bloating and other digestion problems
* Lemon water can help cleanse and stimulate the liver and kidneys
* Lemon juice contains calcium, magnesium and potassium
* Lemon juice has been known to relieve asthma
* Lemons are an antiseptic
* Lemon water contains Vitamin C and several B Vitamins
* Lemon water (hot) offers relief from cold and flu symptoms while providing some much needed Vitamin C
* The bowels are aided in eliminating waste more efficiently thus controlling constipation and diarrhea
* Lemon juice is a great skin cleanser
Consuming lemons is a great way to alkalize the body – easy too. Simply squeeze half a lemon (1oz) into water, warm or cold twice a day and please share your results!
“Man does not live off the food he eats but off of the energy that is produced from the food he eats,” – “Biological Ionization in Human Nutrition” by A.F. Beddoe’s